500 g (1 lb 2 oz) orange-fleshed sweet potato, peeled and chopped into 2 cm (3/4 in) chunks
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 cup burghul or cracked wheat
2 green onions (scallions), chopped
120 g (4 oz) snow peas (mangetout), thinly sliced
1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
2 tablespoons chopped coriander (cilantro)
1/3 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC (400ºF) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine the cumin, coriander and oil in a small dish and rub (or brush) over the sweet potato chunks.
- Spread the sweet potato out over the baking tray in a single layer and bake in the oven for about 25 minutes or until tender.
- Pour the burghul in a large heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Set it aside to stand for 20 minutes, then drain and press the burghul with the back of a spoon to get rid of the excess water. Tip the burghul back into bowl and stir in the green onions, snow peas, parsley and coriander.
- Whisk together all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl with some freshly ground black pepper. Drizzle over the salad, add the sweet potato chunks, toss and serve.
(Source: http://moneysavingmeals.com.au ©2011 Philippa Sandall Publishing Services)