About the Book
The Bump to Baby Diet provides practical advice for mums-to-be on how eating a low-GI diet can help you enjoy a healthy pregnancy, avoid gestational diabetes and give your baby the best start in life.
The Low GI team of experts are back with advice on how to optimise your diet – pre-conception, during pregnancy and once your baby has been born to ensure a healthy baby and a healthy mum. Studies have shown that being overweight when pregnant can increase your risk of gestational diabetes and can also lead to health problems for your child, including childhood obesity and type 2 diabetes.
- Part One explains the importance of eating a healthy low-GI diet before you conceive.
- Part Two discusses what to be aware of once you’re eating for two, how to ensure your weight gain is healthy, the importance of blood sugars in pregnancy and why gestational diabetes is a big deal.
- Part Three highlights the importance of breastfeeding and introducing solids.
- Part Four shows you how to put everything into practice with the eight guiding principles of the low-GI diet for pregnancy, including exercise tips, and will help you select the best foods to eat, and the ones to avoid.
- Part Five complements these sections with 50 quick and easy recipes, making this book the ideal resource for anyone who wants to enjoy the benefits of a low-GI lifestyle.
Take a look inside the book here.
Publisher: Hachette Australia
Published: April 2012